Chengelo Elite Athletics Squad

Chengelo Elite Athletics Squad

Wednesday 20 August 2014

A tribute to Mr Jamie Dickson.

 

 A tribute to Mr Jamie Dickson.


The Chengelo Elite Athletics Squad has recently said goodbye to one of its coaches. Mr Jamie Dickson arrived at Chengelo in January 2014 and left just a few days before the end of term 2. His training, encouragement, athletics expertise and wonderful photos have helped to inspire the Squad and he will certainly be missed. Here are some messages for "Mr Jamie" from the athletes on whom he had a positive influence during his time at Chengelo.



"Mr Jamie Dickson had a huge impact on my career as an athlete. He pushed me to my limit and got the best out of me. I will miss him because not only was he an excellent trainer but he was an excellent friend as well. I wish the best for him as he moves on with his life and I hope that he succeeds with the plans he has for his future. And I would just like to thank him for what he has done for me. Thank you Mr Jamie Dickson."

Herbert Mithi




"I want to thank Mr Jamie for all the hard work he put into the Athletic Squad. This made us stronger and we developed more endurance. We had fun being around him when he was training us, even though it was hard we still enjoyed it very much and we do appreciate him for all his effort. I have learnt to appreciate Mr Jamie because you only appreciate something when it is gone, so thank you Mr Jamie for everything you have done. Thanks always."

Maria Bangala







"Mr Jamie was a really great coach and I really learnt a lot from him. He taught me to never give up and just do my best in everything I do no matter what people say or do."

Kikwanza Sondashi
 



"It was nice having Mr Jamie around, not just as a P.E. teacher, but also his presence during our training too. Mr Jamie was encouraging and supportive, he got involved in our training, and he would make it hard, and so we had numerous exhausting sessions with him. He came to the different competitions that the Athletic Squad took part in, this was very encouraging. Mr Jamie always gave his opinion, which was usually good advice. He was a really big part of the squad, and I would like to sincerely thank him for all he had done. It meant a lot to us, and we really miss him."

Johanna Bangala






"Mr Jamie was, and quite truly is, one of our main instructors. Mr Jamie has been with us from the initiation of the club. His proficient coaching skills and knowledge of the track has propelled each member of the club to greater heights and faster times. He has been an inspiration and a great pleasure to have as a trainer. His jovial and exceptional character has spurred us on during times of fun and during times of physical discomfort, especially when he trains us. Mr Jamie taught us never to give up no matter what. He trained us to run hard and always persevere. His spiritual input during our training has changed our lives not only on the track but in every aspect of our life."

Chigo Kawonga


 


 "Mr Jamie was just what the Squad needed at the beginning of its existence. Somebody with athletics experience who was a tireless worker and an individual who was willing and able to pass on knowledge in a way which was perfect for the athletes. His attitude towards coaching the athletes was superb and I will miss my coaching partner!"

Mr Josh Gibbons

Thank you Mr Jamie!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, brilliant reading all this! Keep training hard guys, praying for you at this end.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete